(Last Updated on November 10, 2015)
1. Information Collected
(1) In the course of operating the Provider Services, we may collect two types of information about our users: Personal Information and Non-Personal Information.
(2) “Personal Information” is personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, birth date and gender. Personal Information is collected by us when you choose to provide it to us when registering for a Provider Service, such as when you choose to subscribe to a Provider Service, enter a Provider promotion or choose to receive a Provider newsletter. In addition, if you choose to contact any of our customer service representatives, we may keep a record of that correspondence so that we may fully address the subject matter. We may also receive Personal Information from our business partners and other third parties, provided that such third parties confirm to us that you have permitted them to share such information.
(3) Business contact information such as the name, title, business address, e-mail address or telephone number of a business or professional person or an employee of an organization is not considered Personal Information.
(4) “Non-Personal Information” is information of an anonymous nature, such as an Internet Protocol Address (“IP Address”), the domain used to access a Provider Service, and the type and version of browser or operating system being used. Aggregate information, such as demographic statistics of our users (e.g., average age or geographical allocation of our users), number of visitors and average time spent on a Provider Service, is also considered Non-Personal Information.
(5) Non-Personal Information is collected or derived by us in the course of operating the Provider Services. For example, our Web servers may automatically collect Non-Personal Information which is provided through your browser or stored on a Cookie or through a Web Beacon or via Google Analytics or similar tracking service when you choose to visit a Provider service or Provider Sites. Non-Personal Information is used by Provider for marketing purposes and analytical purposes.
2. Use of Personal Information
You agree an acknowledge that we use third party software and technology to collect and store the Personal Information you provide from Provider Sites, including but not limited to, for example:
- Wufoo online forms (http://www.wufoo.com) operated by SurveyMonkey Inc. or their successors and assigns;
- Formstack, LLC d/b/a Formstack (https://www.formstack.com);
- MailChimp operated by The Rocket Science Group, LLC or their successors and assigns; and
- Stripe, Inc. (https://stripe.com), for collecting credit card information.
You agree that in no circumstances will Wires Law be liable or responsible for the theft or misappropriation of your Personal Information or Non-Personal Information from such third-parties.
Personal Information may be used by us for the following purposes:
(a) Providing you with the Provider Services and information you have requested from us, including your use of the Provider Sites. We may from time to time use your Personal Information to contact you about changes, enhancements or similar notices related to the Provider Services;
(b) If you indicated, implicitly or expressly, that you were interested in receiving offers or information from Provider, Provider may send you e-mail materials and other mailings about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. If at any time you would like to end your subscription to any such e-mail materials, follow the directions posted at the bottom of the e-mail material;
(c) Provider may also use Personal Information if it has reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful when investigating a contravention of a federal, provincial or foreign law or in order to protect or defend a legal interest; and
3. Disclosure of Personal Information
We will not sell or rent your Personal Information to anyone. We will only disclose your Personal Information to third parties:
(a) where you have specifically given us your consent to disclose your Personal Information for a designated purpose;
(b) who are acting on our behalf as our agents, suppliers or service providers, solely to enable us to more efficiently provide you with the Provider Services;
(c) as may be set out in the Terms and Conditions of Use applicable to a Provider Service, to facilitate the provision of such Provider Service, such as fulfilling legal requirements;
(d) as required by law, including by an order of any court, institution or body with jurisdiction or authority to compel the production of information, or in order to protect or defend a legal interest; or
4. Links to Other Sites and Advertisements
(2) In certain areas, even though you provide the information to a form on our website, the Personal Information and Non-Personal Information is collected and stored by third-parties. Those third parties who store your Personal Information and Non-Personal information may not be located in Canada which may make your Personal Information and Non-Personal Information the subject of foreign laws and foreign legal proceedings.
7. Additional Privacy Procedures
Privacy procedures specific to a Provider Service can be found on a Provider Site at the location of the particular Provider Service, or in additional terms referenced at such Provider Site. Those procedures are an addendum to this policy, and are provided to you at the place where they will be of most use and relevance to you.
8. Changing Account/Registration Information
(1) If you are unsure whether we have a record containing any of your Personal Information and would like to confirm whether or not we do, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating all e-mail addresses that you may have given us.
(3) If you decide at any time that you do not want to receive any e-mail materials to which you have subscribed, you may choose to unsubscribe to these e-mails by following the instructions at the bottom of the e-mail material.
9. Provider Sites
For greater clarity, Provider Sites includes:
and any other website, webpage or subdomain branded with ‘Wires Law’ or the Wires Law logo which is owned and controlled by Wires Law.
10. Questions, Comments or Suggestions